Open Day re admission to Reception in SEPTEMBER 2022 will be
WEDNESDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER : 9.30 AM
MONDAY 4TH OCTOBER : 9.30 AM
WEDNESDAY 10TH NOVEMBER : 9.30 AM
Our 4th and FINAL Open Day will be
FRIDAY 7TH JANUARY : 9.30 AM
Please contact the School Office
(0208 856 email@example.com) if you wish to attend
Admissions Clarification Covid-19 Parents and carers applying for places in the academic year 2021-2022
on the advice of the Education Commission of the Archdiocese of Southwark, the Governing body of St Thomas More Primary School has agreed the following statement in order to clarify how its faith based over-subscription criteria will be interpreted while churches are closed or attendance is not possible due to Covid-19. This statement has been shared widely with parishes by the Education Commission in order to ensure that determinations made by parish priests concerning regular practice of the faith are being made on a consistent basis.
"The suspension of the obligation to attend Sunday Mass was announced on 18th March 2020 by Bishops' Conference of England and Wales. If a parent/carer attended Mass at a certain frequency at particular parish/es prior to 18th March 2020 then they will be considered to have attended Mass in that parish/es at the same frequency since that time. This will remain the case until the Sunday obligation is reintroduced by the Bishops."
For children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018, and due to start school in September 2022, please apply online at www.eadmissions.org.uk
The schedule for admissions for such children is shown below,
Application Period Starts 1 September 2021
Closing Date for Applications 15 January 2022
Outcome of Applications 18 April 2022
Deadline for Accepting Offer 30 April 2022
Appeal Hearings June & July 2022
For our school you will also need to complete a Supplementary Application Form (below) - this document includes full details of our admissions policy and over subscription criteria. When returning the Supplementary Application form please ensure that you bring:
Original Council tax bill or online reference number. If unable then two alternate forms of address will be required
Original Birth Certificate
Original Baptism Certificate
We encourage parents to visit our school and also to ensure that they list as many of the six options of school in making their selection. Many parents list us as their only preference but we only have 30 places.
For all other admissions please complete the above Supplementary Application Form and forward to the School Office.
So remember, for all children applying to join the school in the reception class in September 2022, you MUST apply on line at www.eadmissions.org.uk AND submit the Supplementary Application Form to the School Office by 15th January 2022.
Map to show the Parish of Saints John Fisher and Thomas More, Eltham Well Hall
St Thomas More Catholic Primary School is a voluntary aided school in the Archdiocese of Southwark. The school is conducted by its governing body as part of the Catholic Church in accordance with its Trust Deed and Instrument of Government, and seeks at all times to be a witness to Jesus Christ. The school exists primarily to serve the Catholic community and Catholic children always have priority of admission. However, the Governing Body welcomes applications, subject to the availability of places, from those of other denominations and faiths who support the religious ethos of the school.
Having consulted with the Local Authority, and other admission authorities, the Governors intend to admit into the reception class for the Academic Year beginning in September 2022, up to 30 pupils without reference to ability or aptitude.
Where the number of applications on behalf of children exceeds 30, the Governors will offer places, in the order stated, using the following criteria:-
1) A looked after baptised Catholic child or a baptised Catholic child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
2) Baptised Catholic children of practising Catholic parents/carers as verified by reference from the parish priest of the parish where the family regularly worships. Priority will be given to those who are resident in the parish of St John Fisher & St Thomas More, Eltham Well Hall. A parish map is available at the school. Evidence of Baptism will be required.
3) Children enrolled in the catechumenate. Evidence of enrolment in the catechumenate will be required.
4) Other looked after children or children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
5) Children who are members of Eastern Orthodox Churches in union with Rome. Evidence of Baptism will be required.
6) Children of families who are committed members of other Christian denominations. Evidence of Baptism (or dedication) and of religious commitment provided by a priest or minister where the family regularly worship, will be required.
7) Children of other faiths whose parents are in sympathy with the aims and ethos of the school and whose application is supported by a religious leader.
8) Any other children.